2Excel Aviation Ltd is an industry leader in specialised and innovative solutions for aviation’s most complex challenges. Our success is based on the talented and experienced people that make up our workforce. We are seeking experienced Electrical Design and Certification Engineers to join our growing Capability Development team in delivering significant aircraft conversion projects. This role will be working with in our UK CAA Part 21J Design Organisation on aircraft and mission system modification programmes.
We are looking for candidates who have the relevant electrical knowledge base, and following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Extensive knowledge of particular specialist area e.g. mission systems, avionics etc;
- Experience of design and integration of complex projects on aircraft under civil or military airworthiness regulation;
- Experienced in the generation of design data packages.
- Experience working on King Air, Piper PA-31, 727, 757 aircraft.
- Detailed knowledge of Part 21, CS/FAR 23 and 25.
- Ability to compile:
- Certification Programme, Compliance Checklist and other certification documentation.
- Electrical Load Analysis/Equipment Assessments/EWIS and EZAP analysis/Electromagnetic and Ground Function Test Plans and Reports, System Safety Assessments and Functional Hazard Assessments.
- Understanding of DAOS.
- Understanding of AS9100.
This is a mid-level role that will require some management, leadership, and co-ordination of projects from blank piece of paper to release to service working with 2Excel’s Production and Maintenance Organisations. Dependent on experience you will manage yourself and other design and certification engineers assigned to your projects to meet time and cost budgets.
This role will require candidates to work from our main site in Doncaster, with an amount of travel to installation sites required. A hybrid working model may be considered.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the Right to Work in the UK and hold a valid UK Driving Licence. It is desirable that applicants are able to hold a UK Security Clearance.
In return we can offer you a competitive salary dependant on previous experience, generous holiday allowance, private health care, salary sacrifice electric car scheme and a company pension. In addition, you will become an Employee Owner as part of our Employee Ownership Trust (EOT).
Applications by way of CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2Excel is committed to promoting equitable treatment, encouraging diversity and embracing inclusion in our recruitment processes and among our workforce. We are proud to be recognised as a Disability Committed Employer.