FT Permanent – on-site requirement
2Excel Aviation Ltd is an industry leader in specialised and innovative solutions for aviation’s most complex challenges. Our success is based on the talented and experienced people that make up our workforce.
We are seeking an experienced engineer looking to move up to a leadership role to join our growing Capability Development team in delivering significant aircraft conversion projects. This role will be working with in our UK CAA Part 21J Design Organisation on aircraft and mission system modification programmes.
We are looking for candidates across all disciplines who have the following skills, experience, and attributes:
This is a mid to senior level role that will require some management, leadership of projects from blank piece of paper to release to service working with 2Excel’s Production and Maintenance Organisations. You will manage yourself and other design and certification engineers assigned to your projects to meet time and cost budgets. This role will be working alongside the Head of Design Organisation to:
- Co-ordinate the running of the Design Office;
- Effectively manage the Design team, including line management responsibilities;
- Maintenance of the Design Organisation handbook;
- The establishment of Safety Management System;
- Ensuring the adherence to all procedures and regulations including Part 21, DAOS and AS9100 are met;
- Requirements capture and quotes generation; and
- Deputise for the Head of Design in the signing of the declaration of compliance.
This role will require candidates to work from our main site in Doncaster, a hybrid working model may be considered but is less preferred for this leadership role. Alongside the Deputy Head of Design duties, there will be a requirement to fulfil both the design and certification engineer task for which the ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of specialist areas; structures, mission systems, or avionics etc;
- Knowledge of design and integration of complex projects on aircraft under civil or military airworthiness regulation; and
- Detailed knowledge of Part 21, CS/FAR 23 and 25.
- Ability to compile, technically check and verify compliance of certification programme, compliance checklist, and other certification documentation.
- The verification or checking of electrical load analysis, equipment assessments, EWIS and EZAP analysis, Electromagnetic and Ground Function Test Plans and Reports, or structural substantiations, weight, and balance reports, or system safety assessments and functional hazard assessments, according to technical specialism.
- It would be desirable to have experience working on King Air, Piper PA-31, 727, 757 aircraft.
- Previous authorisation as a Compliance Verification Engineer;
- The understanding of DAOS; and
- Knowledge of AS9100.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the Right to Work in the UK and hold a valid UK Driving Licence. It is desirable that applicants are able to hold a UK Security Clearance.
In return we can offer you a competitive salary dependant on previous experience, generous holiday allowance, private health care, salary sacrifice electric car scheme and a company pension. In addition, you will become an Employee Owner as part of our Employee Ownership Trust (EOT).
Applications by way of CV and cover letter, noting your salary expectations and current notice period. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2Excel is committed to promoting equitable treatment, encouraging diversity and embracing inclusion in our recruitment processes and among our workforce. We are proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Employer.