Seasonal (April – September)
Deployment to Aircraft Location (Sywell Aerodrome, Humberside Airport and Lasham Airfield)
Part Time & Full Time Options
2Excel Aviation Ltd is a diverse, innovative, and growing aviation company that is 51% employee owned.
The Geo division uses advanced airborne remote sensing techniques to provide specialist data collection solutions to clients across a number of diverse industries.
Our ability to rapidly collect and process high quality hyperspectral imagery generates unique commercial and technical propositions.
We own and operate an airborne suite of survey grade cameras and hyperspectral sensors, supported by a range of highly specialised ground-based sensors, to collect data, which we then process, integrate, and analyse together with a range of other imaging and non-imaging sources.
We are now looking to recruit a dynamic individual to support our airborne data collection as a hyperspectral sensor operator working on contracts that involve tree and flora mapping.
Data collection is concentrated during the vegetation growing season, so airborne campaigns are limited to the period between May and September, creating a seasonal vacancy.
It is expected that training will be delivered to the successful candidate in April before the main period of operation.
Crewing will be rostered in a 4 days on/off manner with weekend work and deployment (UK-wide) required.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they have the following capabilities:
- Comfortable working in and around aircraft and liaising with flight crew.
- Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well both independently and with others.
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Ability to work in an organized, logical manner and to follow a prescribed process.
The following qualifications are necessary for the role:
- Relevant aviation/sensor operation experience OR undergraduate degree with relevant technical content, i.e., surveying, engineering, remote sensing, geomatics, GIS, physics etc.
- Full UK driving license shall be required.
The following skills, knowledge and experience are essential for this role:
- Aviation experience, e.g., aerial survey, sensor operation, mission planning or private flying.
- Experience with mission planning software, e.g., SkyDemon or similar.
The following skills, knowledge and experience are desirable for this role:
- Experience with aerial survey software, e.g., TrackAir.
- Experience with GIS software and methods, e.g., QGIS, and proficiency with standard geospatial vector/raster formats.
In return we can offer you a competitive salary dependent on previous experience, generous holiday allowance, private health care, company pension and EV car scheme. In addition, you will become an Employee Owner as part of our Employee Ownership Trust (EOT).
Applications by way of CV and cover letter to email@example.com
2Excel is committed to promoting equitable treatment, encouraging diversity, and embracing inclusion in our recruitment processes and among our workforce. We are proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Employer.